Friday, June 18, 2010

Trifold card

This week's workshop wow challenge was Cami's trifold card. This was a fun and easy card! The card is 4 X 11, scored at 3 1/2 and 7.
TIP: Score just short of 3 1/2 to make the card lay flat better.
Next time, I may make this card taller. You could use up to a 5 1/2" wide piece of cardstock for a 4 X 5 1/2 finished card size.

Here you can see that you punch with the slit punch on the 4" section of card which is the back of the card.
TIP: Fold the card closed before punching so you can line the slit up perfectly!
Then punch a small hole in the slit to thread the ribbon through.


To add the wow factor to my card, I embossed all of my images in black and colored them with markers. I used the scallop oval punch to punch the hole in the middle section; this becomes the front of the card when closed. I stamped the bee onto a piece of white cardstock and punched it with the wide oval so it would fit into the scalloped oval window.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Flores Suaves, Perfect Punches; Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue; Ink: VersaMark, Markers: Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi; Accessories: black EP, heat tool, scallop oval punch, wide oval punch, white taffeta ribbon, slit punch, hole punch
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

2 comments:

paige said...

Beautiful project you have here! TFS the directions. I want to give this type of card a try!

Kim Jenkins said...

Very pretty card, I'm sure with the black embossing really makes it "pop".

Thanks for sharing,
Kim