Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paper casting

This week's workshop wow is paper casting. Stick with me; it's so much easier than you think!
Before I get to the technique, let me say that I am so happy with how this card turned out!
I created the paper flower first then decided on my color combo. I really wanted to use the Daffodil Delight ribbon, so that was the starting point. Then I found the Melon Mambo DSP that was already cut to the right size! You might not be able to tell that I stamped the same flower image onto the DSP in all 3 colors. I decided that a tag would be the best background for the flower, and I also decided to give it some texture by using a bone folder and the cutter kit to rough it up as well as split off part of the bottom edge. I used a sponge dauber to add the color to the flower. I lightly sprayed the flower with gold smooch spritz and the tag with log cabin.

Now let's talk about the paper casting. The instructions came from here. Start with 5 sheets of toilet paper. Stack them on top of each other and wet them; I just wet it under the faucet. Get a little of the excess water out (if necessary) then lay it on top of your rubber image. Press it gently with your fingers to make sure it gets into all of the depressed areas. Let it sit until it becomes pretty solid. Then you can remove it from the stamp to dry completely. It was at least a couple of hours before I took mine off the stamp, then I let it dry overnight. Mine discolored slightly from the rubber, but you can't tell on the finished flower.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Perfect Punches; Paper: toilet paper, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP; Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Old Olive; Accessories: gold foil and log cabin smooch spritz, Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Curly Label punch, 1/8" hole punch, cutter kit, sponge dauber
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

No comments: