Friday, June 25, 2010

Emerging Color

For the emerging color technique, you start with a base that has a pattern on it. You can create that by stamping multiple images in multiple colors, or you can do it the easy way and use DSP. In this case, I'm using Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. Next you take a bold image, stamp it on your base with VersaMark, and emboss it with clear EP. Here I've used the Medallion background stamp. Finally you sponge or brayer a dark color over the entire piece of cardstock or DSP. The clear embossing acts as a resist to the ink, allowing the pattern to show through in that area. Originally, I used Melon Mambo ink, but it wasn't dark enough so I went over it again with Rich Razzleberry. After the ink dries a bit, lightly wipe the embossed image with a paper towel to remove any excess ink.
I adhered it to a Melon Mambo card base and added some Crushed Curry ribbon. I used the soon-retiring horizontal slot punch to make a slot for my ribbon to go through.
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

1 comment:

Laurie Zoellmer said...

This is soooooo beautiful Jana! Medallion is the perfect stamp for this technique..nicely done!!!