Monday, June 14, 2010

New stamps and new colors!

Happy Monday, everyone! Sorry I didn't post last week. Life was so busy that I didn't have the chance to stamp at all. But I have 3 great projects all ready to go this week, so let's get to it!
One thing I did make time for last week was the box of preorder stuff I got from SU. Not only did it have some pretty new colors, stamps and ribbon, it also had MY NEW CATALOG! I have been drooling ever since. There is some fabulous stuff in there, let me tell you!
This card is the first I made with my new stuff. The hydrangea and sentiment are from a Level 1 hostess set called Because I Care. I colored the hydrangea with Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi markers. I tore off one corner and sponged the whole thing with Crumb Cake (the color formerly known as Kraft). The cardbase is Crumb Cake with Medallion BG stamped in Crumb Cake. The sentiment was stamped in Wild Wasabi and Crumb Cake, punched with the wide oval punch then sponged with Crumb Cake. There's a Wild Wasabi scalloped circle behind it. Isn't that cute? I've seen that in several places lately, and I love the way it looks! The finishing touch is Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Because I Care, Medallion; Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi; Ink: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi; Accessories: wide oval punch, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon, sponge
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

just got my new stuff today- love the use of medallion background stamp with because I care stamp-
I am still pouring over catalog to even have time to stamp!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Lovely card Jana! I can't wait to ink this one up too!