Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sock monkey!!!

Isn't he adorable??? I just love him! Apparently, you either love or hate him according to polls I've seen on SCS, but how could you hate that cute little monkey?
Anyway, this is an invitation for my friend Kristi. Her son will be turning 3. She has never stamped before so I wanted to create something cute but easy enough for her to make herself. The card is just one quarter sheet of cardstock. This is the front. I colored all of the images with chalk--super simple! I added just a couple of highlights with markers (the top of the hat, the balloon strings and the candle flames on the back).

This is the back. I only used 4 colors of chalk: Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow. Tip of the day: Don't forget that an eraser comes with your chalks! This is excellent for cleaning up those areas where you get way outside the lines.

I did all of the stamping with Basic Brown. I cut the white pieces 3 3/4 X 5 1/2 and used the scallop border punch on top and bottom.

Here is how I stamped the monkey. I wanted to mask for the hat, but I was afraid it would be too hard to stamp the hat first and then the monkey. So I used the mask on the stamp before I inked it up!
Here's how the monkey looks with no head top.
And here he is after I added the hat.

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Sock Monkey, Hugs and Wishes; Paper: Naturals White, Brilliant Blue; Ink: Basic Brown; Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, scallop border punch

Well, I'd better get stamping, plus I have some Decor Elements to put up on my wall. Check back later in the week for pics!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Ohh, this is so cute!! I love this set. It is a keeper for sure. TFS

Emily said...

Jana, this is absolutely adorable!! Thank for reminding me that you can color with pastels. For some reason, I never remember that, lol. TFS!

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Jana - He's so cute! I love him! Love the hat! Great idea. It's perfect for a little boy!