Saturday, July 12, 2008

First Sneak Peek Card

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I was so tired last night that I fell asleep on the couch before I mounted a single stamp! But I got my new stuff mounted this morning, and I did make my In Color spots last night.
I played around with the scallop border punch this afternoon. I was trying to make scallop edged squares like Mary Jo Albright did, but I had a lot of trouble getting it to work and finally gave up. I do plan on making the ric rac though. That looks really cool!
I started with a 6" square piece of Baja Breeze scored at 3" to make a 3" X 6" card. I used the scallop border punch on the bottom. There is a grid on the punch, so it is really easy to center your scallops on the card!
I love the butterfly in the new set Dreams Du Jour! I punched out 3 1 1/4" squares and stamped the butterfly in Basic Brown. I colored it in using Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze and a blender pen. I roughed up the edges with my cutter kit and adhered them to 1 1/2" squares that also have roughed up edges.
For a finishing touch, I added a piece of Chocolate Chip polytwill ribbon. I wrapped it all the way around the card and cut the end into a V. (I saw this on Nichole Heady's blog and loved the look!) I added a Riding Hood Red button from the new Button Bouquet set in the new catalog. Stampin' Up let us order 2 of the buttons and showed us a picture from the rest. They are very cool! I will say, though, that the Baja Breeze buttons we got don't go with the Baja Breeze cardstock IMHO. I'm a little bummed about that, but I will make it work!
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Dreams Du Jour; Paper: Confetti White, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red; Ink: Basic Brown, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red; Accessories: blender pen, 1 1/4" square punch, cutter kit, scallop border punch, Chocolate Chip polytwill ribbon, Button Bouquet
I plan to break out the Sock Monkey tomorrow, so look for more posts coming up this week!
Happy stamping!

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow - I got my new stuff Friday but still haven't had a chance to play and I've decided to wait until after my monthly stamp camp tomorrow to play then. I love this card that you've created - great job!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the butterfly & your coloring! The "v" in the ribbon is a nice touch! Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Beautiful card Jana! Love the butterfly colored in with the new in colors!

Sharon Graham said...

Beautiful card! Love the layout and the scalloping. Wonderful coloring too. The scallop edge punch totally rocks!

Unknown said...

I love this card! My stuff won't be here until next week. Drooling over all the samples. Great Card!

Unknown said...

I just love this card!!! I can't wait to start playing with my new stamp sets!!!

Gina said...

Love the color combo and the butterflies!! Great job!