Friday, June 27, 2008

Ghosting

The demonstratable card challenge this week was to use the ghosting technique. This is the same as versamark resist. You just stamp on glossy cardstock using versamark ink then brayer classic ink over it. The versamark resists the ink producing a "ghost" image. I used Britta Ward's banded brayer technique, which is using Stampin' Spots to ink up the brayer. The flower is from the Die Cut Blooms in the Occasions Mini. I applied a rub-on then used the white gel pen to color in a few areas. I just love the striped ribbon! It reminds me of Fruit Stripe gum. (I'm pretty sure I dated myself with that one! LOL)
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: A Beautiful Thing; Paper: Glossy white, Wild Wasabi; Ink: VersaMark, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, StazOn black; Accessories: Die Cut Blooms, bulk buy rub-ons, Ice Circles rhinestone brads, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, white gel pen
Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, thats a fun technique that I totally forgot about! I really need to start doing the demo challenges. Your card is gorgeous! TFS! =)

Eileen said...

This is so cute. I love the colors; and you're right ~ the ribbon DOES look like the fruit striped gum! (I just dated myself, too...)

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Yeah, I'm with you on the gum. They still make that stuff!!! I love the new technique and your card turned out fabulous!

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the colors and the technique! I really need to purchase a brayer!!