Monday, June 23, 2008

Another Fresh Cuts note card

I just love these note cards! I first saw this technique on Cambria's blog. You pull up the flower petals, leaving them attached just at the center, mask off the rest of the card and then stamp just on the petals.
I used the Floral background in So Saffron craft ink then embossed with Irridescent Ice EP; only a little stuck, so it's not too sparkly. Then I sponged the edges of the petals with Pumpkin Pie to add a little definition to them. I added a Pumpkin Pie felt flower and a brad to the center.
I tore the edge of the card and sponged it with So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie. I stamped the vine image from the Fresh Cuts stamp set in Old Olive then added ribbon and a flower slide at the fold of the card.

Here's how it looked after I masked off the card with Post-It notes.
Here's just the stamped flower before I did anything else to the card.

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Floral, Fresh Cuts; Paper: Fresh Cut notes; Ink: So Saffron classic and craft, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie; Accessories: Irridescent Ice EP, sponge, Old Olive polytwill ribbon, Flower Fusion, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great card, Jana... I love the ivy peeking out from the edge! Nice touch! :D

Emily said...

Jana, this looks great! The flower really pops! TFS =).