Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday Challenge # 10

This week's challenge is to color! It can be watercolor, markers, ink or chalk with a blender pen. Just color somewhere on your card. I made this card last night for VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) on SCS. When VSN is going on, challenges are posted every hour, and you have 45 minutes to complete any that you do. There were 6 challenges last night, and it starts again today at noon EDT. The theme is Fashion, and this challenge was called Sketch Designer. The challenge was to use sketch-style stamps. Well, Doodle This jumped right into my head. I love this set, but it's been in the "I've moved on to newer stuff" pile.
I decided that I wanted to use a rhinestone brad for the center, so of course I chose the lavender one! Then I thought that Eggplant would go perfectly with it. I grabbed the Color Coach and chose Old Olive and Pretty in Pink for my other colors.
I cut a 3" square of Confetti White and stamped the big flower in Elegant Eggplant. I used my aquapainter to pull the ink from the stamped outline into the petal. The aqua painter was a little wet, and it kinda melted the center dots. So I went over those with ink and a blender pen. I filled in the dots between the petals with Pretty in Pink and a blender pen. I distressed the edges with the cutter kit and inked them with pink. I mounted that on a 3 1/4" square of Old Olive. I added the rhinestone brad and mounted it with Stampin' Dimensionals. I punched photo corners out of Elegant Eggplant and added paper piercing before attaching them to the main image.
For the card base, I used Pretty in Pink, a rare occurence for me. I stamped a swirl in Old Olive all over the card. I debated about what to add to the bottom and finally settled on Old Olive polytwill ribbon. I used the horizontal slot punch to make a little notch in the folded edge of the card for the ribbon to go through. Then I added "celebrate" from the SAB rub-ons.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Doodle This; Paper: Confetti White, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink; Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink: Accessories: Ice Circles rhinestone brad, photo corner punch, crafters tool kit, cutter kit, Old Olive polytwill ribbon, Love & Happiness rub-ons, horizontal slot punch, aquapainter, blender pen
If you play along, please post a link to your card here. If you post it in your SCS gallery, use keyword ISC10.
Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

great colors, I like purple and pink combo. I need to take this set out more

Unknown said...

Pretty card!!

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty!! I need to brush this set off, I forget about it, and it was my FAVE when it came out! Love it!