Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Faux mother of pearl

This card features faux mother of pearl. For this technique, I used scrunched plastic wrap to apply shimmer paint to white cardstock. (I used champagne although frost white is recommended. I also advise to apply it lightly.) After it dried, I sponged on Baja Breeze ink. I used the blossoms punch to punch out petals and then sponged Not Quite Navy ink around the edges of each petal. A Pear Pizzazz glimmer brad holds them all together.
The cardbase is Baja Breeze. The next layer is the sneak peek Paisley DSP. I ran it through the embossing folder and lightly sanded it to show the texture. To gather the ribbon, I applied sticky strip and just bunched up the ribbon and stuck it down as I went. Very technical, LOL!
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

No comments: