Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year (and a sneak peek)!

Happy new year to you all! Thanks for your patience with me. I was hoping to stamp more this week, but I was in a car accident on the 26th. I'm mostly miraculously fine, but my stamping mojo seemed to get knocked right out of me. Luckily for me, my friend Patty posted a great challenge yesterday that helped me out.
Today's card combines two Dirty Dozen challenges from SCS. One challenge was to use a holiday theme, and the sketch is the other challenge. Theirs was a scrapbook page, but I modified it to use for a card. I really like it!
This card also has not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 sneak peek items from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-bration. Both catalogs start on January 5th. The scallop trim border is a new style of punch, and you can get it absolutely free during SAB! There is also a coordinating corner punch in the new mini catalog. The flower is cut out from a piece of Sending Love DSP from the new mini. Notice all of the glitter on the flower? It came that way on the paper!!! Each sheet of DSP has glitter images on one side, and the other side is non-glittery. It is AWESOME! The Chocolate Chip satin ribbon is also new in the mini, and the satin ribbon comes in 9 colors. It's fairly stiff, but it ties very nicely!
The last new item is the background image on the card. It's from a new set in the mini called Vintage Vogue. Notice how nicely I stamped all of those images? That's because I got this set in the new clear mount style. It's the same high-quality rubber we are used to, but it comes with cling mount on the back instead of regular adhesive so it can stick to an acrylic block. That way, I can line up my images more easily. The clear mount also takes up much less space since there are no wood blocks. Each stamp set comes in a DVD-sized case with the images shown on the front of the case as well as on the spine so you can easily find any single stamp.
More details on my card: The flower stem is from True Friend. For the flower, I cut it out of the DSP then used the scoring blade in my cutter kit to score along the curved lines to give the flower some dimension. The sentiment was intended to be lined up straight, but after the 2nd one didn't line up, I decided to alternate them to make it look intentional. I like how it turned out!
Happy new year, and happy stamping!
Jana Signature

1 comment:

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Beautiful Jana! Sorry to hear about your accident - hope you're doing alright.