Friday, September 5, 2008

Retiform card (Warning to my mom: Caution, bird ahead!)

This week's demonstratable card challenge was to make a retiform card. I have never tried this technique before because it looks complicated. But Caville assured us all that it can be done quickly, and if Cav says it, I believe it! So I pulled up Beate's tutorial and got started. This card was the result. The technique wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I think I would have liked my card better if I had left off some of the stamping around the edges. Next time I will, but I had to follow the directions the first time; that's just how I'm made! The reason for the warning in the title is that my mom can't stand that bird, but it's one of the few SU bird stamps that I actually like!
Try a retiform card, and tell me what you think!
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Always; Paper: Glossy white, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand textured; Ink: Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss; Accessories: sponge, Styled Silver HPH, blender pen, Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla satin ribbon
Happy stamping!

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

I've never heard of the retiform card technique - but it looks fun! Your card is so pretty - love the bird!

Kathy W said...

It does look like a tricky technique, but way to get up for the challenge- I like what you came up with-
I am with your mom, still don't get the bird thing- but I guess it is a hot thing!

Anonymous said...

Like the card but the bird could have been left off and it still would have been pretty.

Guess Who?

Angela Dively said...

Wow, this is great!! I love the color combo and the layout. Beautiful card! TFS

Carmen said...

I have to agree with your Mom I don't like that bird BUT I do like the card!! Great Job with the challenge.

Jenn D said...

I think this has such a neat texture look to it. You did a fabulous job for your first try.

I love this bird! It's one of my absolute favorites. I have a friend who's mom hates bird cards.

prayerandstamps said...

That is a really neat technique. I love that bird too!

Traci G said...

I have really been wanting to try this technique too....you did a great job with it! I have to admit that I didn't care for this bird when the set first came out... but he has been growing on me ever since!!! (or is it a she???) Thanks for sharing your lovely creation!!

Beedubya said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this technique in the tuorials on SCS...waaaay to complicated. Maybe I'll try it...

you did a great job!

Rhonda Langley said...

I have never seen this technique before either. This is a must try technique. Can't wait. Thanks for the inspiration!