Friday, June 17, 2016

Wink of Stella watercolor!

This card features new DSP, a new stamp set and a great technique!  The card base is Watermelon Wonder with the new Affectionately Yours DSP.  To recreate this look, cut a 4 X 4 square of DSP and then cut it on the diagonal.  That means you can get 9 cards from one sheet of DSP!
I stamped the flower from Crazy About You in Mint Macaron then punched it with the flower medallion punch.  The bee and sentiment are from the host set Pun Intended.  I HAD to get that set because my husband loves puns!  After I stamped the bee in Memento black ink, I watercolored the stripes with Daffodil Delight ink and clear Wink of Stella.  Yes, that's right, you can watercolor with Wink of Stella!  It gives an awesome shimmery look!  Once you're done with the color, just wipe the brush until it is clear (just like with the aquapainter).  Then I added clear Wink of Stella to the wings too.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: