Monday, June 20, 2016

Faux Wax Seal

Earlier this week, I saw this faux wax seal technique on Shelli Gardner's blog, and I knew I had to try it! You can find her excellent instructions here.  I also wanted to use the gorgeous new Serene Scenery DSP stack.  This stack has photorealistic images on one side of the paper and more typical DSP images on the other.  So versatile!  Once I saw this paper, I knew I wanted to use the starfish from Picture Perfect for the wax seal.  That image is bigger than I remembered which made the technique a little trickier.  When I first stamped, only part of the area was still soft enough so I got a partial image.  I ended up reheating and restamping a couple more times.  I love how it turned out!
Since the paper and faux wax seal are so pretty, I kept the rest of the card pretty simple.  The card base is Pool Party.  I stamped around the edge with a splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge and Versamark ink.  Then I poured on the copper embossing powder and heated it.  The DSP was cut in half, and I trimmed 3/4 off the top.  The sentiment from Picture Perfect is stamped in Soft Suede.  I used mini glue dots to adhere the faux wax seal to the card base.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: