Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tag punch treat holder

 
We made this treat holder at my workshop last week.  We used the new Moonlight DSP paper stack, Blackberry Bliss ribbon, Petite Petals stamp set and petite flower and scalloped tag punches.
 

Here is the template for the treat holder.  Mine holds 3 Hershey's Miniatures, which are 1" wide.  If your candy is a different size, you can change the template by scoring first in the center and then use that as a guide to center the width of your candy.  You could also change the length.  I chose 6 1/2" because that is the size of the DSP.  The width does need to be 2" if you use the tag punch.
I used mini glue dots to keep the candy inside.  I discovered that the candy is not flat on the top, so I put the glue dot on the side edge where it is raised.  For the ribbon, I used 9".  I put the ribbon through both slots and then tied one knot with both ends together.  That way it is easy to untie without wrecking the ribbon!
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: