Sunday, June 29, 2014

Flamingo Lingo!

I finally got to play with some of my new stuff!  Whoohoo!  I really wanted to use my new stamp set, Flamingo Lingo.  This set is so cute!  It also coordinates with several punches and the Itty Bitty Banners framelits.  Best of all, it's the Ronald McDonald House set, so $5 of your purchase price goes to charity!
To get started with my card, I chose a pattern from the All Abloom DSP paper stack, and I decided to use the colors from the DSP set for my card.  The card base is Pistachio Pudding embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  To change up the look of the card, I cut a 1 1/2" strip of the DSP and placed it on the diagonal.
The flamingo was stamped in Strawberry Slush on a 2" piece of Whisper White cardstock so I could use the scalloped tag topper punch at the top and tie on a piece of Daffodil Delight cotton ribbon.  This new ribbon is fantastic!  It's like twill tape but very thin and pliable so it's easy to tie.
I stamped the sentiment in Island Indigo and cut it out with the framelit.  Finally, I added several In Color sequins.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature
 

No comments: