Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Twin birthday cards

I made these twin birthday cards for my twin sisters-in-law.  I was inspired by the Mixability challenges on SCS.  These are mixed media challenges.  While that sounds intimidating, the challenges seem pretty straightforward so far.  The challenge a couple of weeks ago was to create a card using emboss resist.  I can do that!
The cardbases I used are Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party.  The doily stamp was stamped with white craft ink and heat embossed with white EP.  I sponged Rich Razzleberry and Island Indigo onto the center of each doily respectively.  After the ink had a chance to dry a bit, I wiped off the images with a paper towel to remove excess ink from the embossed areas.
I added ribbon to each card, punching a slot with the retired slot punch.  The sentiments are from Itty Bitty Banners and cut out with the Bitty Banners framelits.  They are tied to the bow with some bakers twine (Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party).
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

1 comment:

madameplushbottom said...

Your cards are beautiful Jana!