Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ghiardelli box

At my last 2 workshops, we made a box that holds 3-4 Ghiardelli chocolates.  They are easy enough to make multiples to give as little gifts.  I got the pattern from Splitcoaststampers of course, and you can find the directions here.  The pattern is also shown below.

The cardstock is 4 1/4 X 8.  Score on the short side at 1 and 3 1/4.  Score on the long side at 2, 3, 5 and 6.  Cut away the pieces with the Xs, and cut along the dotted lines.
Put sticky strip on the inside of the box on the tabs that are shown from 3" to 5" on my pattern.  Put sticky strip on the outside of the box on the 2 little tabs.  Fold up the box, and adhere the 2 little tabs to the inside of the tabs shown from 0 to 2" on my pattern.  Then adhere the 2 longer tabs on the outside to form the box.
I decorated my box simply by creating a belly band from a 1" strip of DSP.  I covered the seam with a punched piece.  The Christmas box has the ornament punched out of champagne glimmer paper.  The Valentines box has the curly label punch topped with Love( from Ciao Baby in the spring catalog) punched with the small curly label punch from the SaleABration catalog.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: