Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Creative Crew valentine

I finally got to stamp!  Yay!  This card fulfills two January Creative Crew challenges: use your newest stamp set, and do something new with hearts.
I CASEd this card from my friend Amy (zipperc98) on SCS.  The Crumb Cake piece is actually the card that opens.  The layer behind it is Everyday Enchantment DSP (from Sale-a-bration) attached to Poppy Parade cardstock.  I cut it out with the largest heart framelit (from the Occasions Mini) and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  This heart is about 5 1/4" wide by about 5" tall.
The cardbase is a heart about 3 1/4" wide.  I took a 7" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and scored it at 3 1/2".  I stamped the image in white craft ink close to the fold so that when I cut the card with the heart framelit, it would leave a little hinge.  I embossed the image with white EP and colored it with pastels.  The bird's eye is a pearl colored with a black Sharpie.
The finishing touch is a Poppy Parade bow and an antique brad.  (The ribbon is held together by the brad following Mary Brown's tutorial.)
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

1 comment:

bizestampin said...

Very pretty...
come and check out my blog sometime
http://bizestampin.blogspot.com
Debi Pippin