Saturday, October 8, 2011

Faux Mother of Pearl Creative Crew card

Mama was kind enough to share some of her mica flakes with me.  (It's a HUGE container, and I did give her some ribbon in return.)  I wasn't sure how to use them, and then I found this faux mother of pearl technique by Sharon Fields.  I used gold cardstock as I didn't have silver.  I tried shimmery white, and it just doesn't look as good.  I don't think mine looks as nice as hers, but I like how it came out!
One of this month's Creative Crew challenges is to use glitter or something glittery.  I think mica flakes fit the bill!  As usual, I kept the rest of the card pretty simple.  The base is Soft Suede, and I used the houndstooth embossing folder on it.  Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon covers the area where the 2 textures meet.  Lovely as a Tree is stamped in Always Artichoke.  I added some Dazzling Details in the trees and on the grass.  (TIP: Dazzling Details is liquid glitter glue, so it can make regular ink smear.  Dot lightly or work it into your design like I did with the grass.)  I roughed up the edges with the cutter kit and added Always Artichoke and Soft Suede ink.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

love it, I bought mica flakes thinking shaker card- but this looks so much more fun and easy. tfs

babar said...

bravo to your creativity simply adorable and eye catching sketch.
PVC cards
print membership cards