Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall leaves

This week's CAS challenge on SCS was to use leaves.  I just got French Foliage, so that was perfect timing!  At first I was thinking about doing a collage type card or doing clear block stamping, but neither of those ideas came together for me.  (I'm a make-the-card-in-my-head-first stamper.  I'd love to be able to fly by the seat of my pants, but that just never works out for me!)
Finally, I thought of stamping the leaves across the bottom of the card in a border.  Then I decided to emboss them in gold and cut around them on the bottom.  I'm so pleased with how it came out!  (I was going to bleach inside them and color with markers but decided to leave well enough alone.)
I added some water drops in Versamark, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and a sentiment from Happy Greetings.  I punched it out with the decorative label punch then pushed the edges into the Versamark pad and embossed with gold EP.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

1 comment:

Mama said...

Love this card. Am going to try this technique right away.