Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fun Stampin' Mist technique

This is the other project from my last workshop.  I learned this technique when I was at Dawn Olchefske's demonstrator meeting a few months ago.
First, sponge ink all over your cardstock.  Here I sponged Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla.  Second, spray your stamp generously with Stampin' Mist.  I used Medallion.  Third, press your stamp firmly onto your inked cardstock.  I pressed for a few seconds to really make an impression on the paper.  Fourth, heat the paper until it's dry.  I found that heating both sides of the paper helped cut down on the paper warping.  (My mom didn't heat set hers, and she said it didn't work too well.)
There's something in the Stampin' Mist that seems to bleach the ink, and pressing the stamp gives the image a dry embossed effect.  It's very cool!
I kept the card really simple to focus on the technique plus I wanted it to be masculine.When I initially added the twill tape, there was too much contrast with the rest of the card.  Ray asked if I had any twill tape the color of the cardbase, so that gave me the idea to sponge Crumb Cake ink onto it.  He was really happy to have helped me, but now he's afraid I'm going to try to make him start stamping, LOL!
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: