Monday, February 28, 2011

VSN Sketch Challenge

Last weekend, SCS had Virtual Stamp Night. This is such a fun event! I don't get to play along like I used to, but I did create one card. The theme this time was You Make My Heart Sing. This was a sketch with the 4 squares representing the chambers of the heart. In keeping with the theme, I made mine an anniversary card. This is also a sneak preview of one of the Creative Crew challenges for March! (Ssh, don't tell on me!)
The background was inspired by ponygirl40, a member of the Creative Crew. This faux peeling wallpaper technique is her specialty. It was a lot of fun to create. The cardbase is Crumb Cake stamped with Sanded (in Crumb Cake) and Woodgrain (in Chocolate Chip). The wallpaper is Very Vanilla cardstock with Teahouse stamped in Garden Green. I used a Wild Wasabi marker to color in part of the pattern. I tore off one corner, distressed the edges and sponged it all over with Crumb Cake before adhering it to the cardbase.
I can't believe how many stamps I used for this: 3 backgrounds plus 4 stamp sets!
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: