Monday, May 31, 2010

WICKED challenge in new colors

I just posted the June WICKED challenge on SCS. The WICKED stamper this month is the sweet and talented Dawn Olchefske. I've actually met Dawn and got to see her demonstrate at the Minneapolis Regional a couple of years ago.
One of her challenges was to use buttons. I was inspired by a gift card I just bought, and I decided to be brave and cut into my new color samples since I get to order more tomorrow. The card base is Cajun Craze (4X5 since we got an 8X10 piece). I punched 3 circles each from Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso. I laid out the circles on the card base to get an idea of how I wanted them to look. Then I took one circle away and stamped the dotted circle image from Circle Circus using VersaMark. I cut a thin strip of Early Espresso and tied it through the clear button like ribbon and adhered it with a mini glue dot. I adhered the circles then trimmed the edges.
I think this would be a great masculine card! And I love how it showcases the new colors. Don't they look great together? What do you think?
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

No comments: