Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Faux Reptile (Mama, don't look!)

This is the card I made Mama for Mother's Day. It's also for this week's workshop wow challenge: faux reptile. You can get details on the technique here.
Now this is not a card you'd expect to see faux reptile on, but I really wanted to use Fifth Avenue Floral. So I went outside of the box!
Here's how I made my flowers. Start with a paper towel. I put drops of reinker all over mine (like for the baby wipe technique) then I sprayed it with water to dilute the ink a little and make sure that the colors all came together. I dried it with a heat tool then let it sit for a while to make sure it was dry. Coat it all with VersaMark then emboss with clear EP.
I stamped the flower 3 times, and I cut out one full flower and 2 partial pieces for layering.

Here is a close-up look at the flower so you can see the texture and shine that makes it look reptile. Please try this technique; it's a fun one!

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Sanded; Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, So Saffron; Ink: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Black StazOn; Accessories: paper towel, clear EP, heat tool, color spritzer, ticket corner punch, horizontal slot punch, Certainly Celery satin ribbon

Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing work of art.

Kathy W said...

wow great texture, funny title= thought mom might be afraid of reptiles- duh it's a mothers day card