Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Double Aperture Card

Patty and I take turns hosting the Workshop Wow challenge on SCS. This week, it's Patty's turn, but she's out in the woods. So I'm posting her challenge for her. It's a double aperture card. Directions and much better photos can be found here. Their measurements are metric, so I made a very simple version just so I could get some measurements for you.
My card base is 5 1/2" X 12", scored at 3", 6" and 9". The insert is 3" X 12", scored at 3", 6" and 9". Each piece is folded to form a W. With the cardbase folded closed, I marked the opening and cut it with scissors (I'm not good with a craft knife.) I started 1 1/2" down. The opening I cut is 2" in and 2 1/2" top to bottom. Then in the center of the top and bottom of the opening, I cut slits to hold the insert. With the insert folded closed, I cut slits centered on the top and bottom.
It took a little fiddling to get the pieces to fit together, so I'd recommend doing all of the decorating first.

Here's a different view to get more of the 3-D effect. Sorry my photos aren't better!
Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Jana. This card is fabulous. I think I'll give it try this weekend. Kindest regards, Jackie

Covered In Crafts said...

That's awesome!

Debbi said...

I really have to try one of these. Yours turned out great!!!