Friday, May 22, 2009

Quick card

This week's demonstratable card challenge was to make a monochromatic card using DSP (to highlight the Buy 3 Get 1 Free special for DSP and textured cardstock that SU is offering this month).
Mine was a super quick card that I made in about 20 minutes. I think 10 of that was figuring out what to do and using the heat gun twice! In fact, I made the card so fast that my layer measurements were off as you can see by looking at the top and bottom of the card.
For the focal image, I stamped the flower from Inspired by Nature in Creamy Caramel craft ink right onto the DSP and heat set it. Then I stamped the grass from the same set in Chocolate Chip craft ink and heat set it. The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.
TIP: The ticket corner punch is a great way to add a quick and easy special touch to your card. It's my most used punch!
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Oval All, Cute and Curly; Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Candy Lane DSP; Ink: Chocolate Chip classic and craft, Creamy Caramel craft; Accessories: heat gun, ticket corner punch, curly label punch, large oval punch
Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

great idea, love the monocramatic with dsp- great card

Laura Brown said...

I love the two-toned focal image. It makes such a POP on the card. I've got to get busy and make some projects with my dsp before it's retired! Gotta make room for the new designs.