Friday, May 1, 2009

CASEing and using what you have

This is a project that Carrie Cudney demonstrated at the SU Regional using the Circle Scissors Plus. I don't have the Circle Scissors Plus yet (just ordered it!), but I really wanted to make this little pocket card because it was so cute. She used a 6" circle, so I started thinking about what I had already that might work. Then the light bulb came on: Carousel Notes! I'd gotten the Carousel Notes for some reason that I'd quickly forgotten, and I really needed to use them up anyway since they have In Colors (I'll miss you Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss!)
Here's my finished project. Pretty dang cute, huh? Just take your Carousel Note and score it at 1" on 3 sides. Clip out the corners at the bottom to get rid of the bulk. Fold up the bottom and adhere the sides using Sticky Strip so it will hold well. To do the ribbon (I need to practice that more for sure; I think I was too uniform with mine.), I adhered Sticky Strip all the way around the card first for the ribbon to stick to. Because of the way I folded mine, I had to add more adhesive to get it all to stick down. I ran the ribbon flat around the back and then added some SNAIL to the other side of the ribbon to help the folds lay down. (That 2nd side was tricky!) I used the Oval All stamp set and scallop oval punch from the Occasions Mini and adhered that with dimensionals. You just position it to cover where the 3 sides come together.
This is the perfect size for a gift card, and the clip not only would hold the gift card but helps in pulling out the insert.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Oval All; Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point textured, Baja Breeze, Carousel Notes II; Ink: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze; Accessories: clips assortment, scallop oval punch, white satin ribbon
Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

pretty dang cute and way to use your noodle! we are all guilty of having too much stuff that we don't use up.