Monday, April 6, 2009

Stampin' Up regional rocked!

Well, Rhonda and I had a fabulous time in Minneapolis this past week! The Stampin' Up! regional seminar was on Friday. We drove down on Thursday night and came home on Saturday. What's the best thing about regionals? The people, of course! I got to meet and hang with my SCS peeps, which was totally awesome! This is me with Sarah (AKA Superglew). She is one of my most faithful challenge participants, and it was so great to meet her in person. She is a lot of fun! (Notice my necklace? I made it myself, and Jaron commented on how much he liked it! It's similar to this one but uses last year's SAB rub-ons.)
I also organized an SCS swap because the quality of SCS swaps is always outstanding! Thanks to all of you who participated! I'll be showing my swap cards and some others in the coming days.
SU brought 25 Big Shots for us to use! We made 2 projects using it. Here you can see the long tables where they were set up. The display boards are behind that.

Here's a view of the room. The stage is at the back of the photo between the two big screens. I'd estimate there were 300-350 people there.

This is the only project I completed while I was there. (Don't worry; I'll get the rest done soon!) This card uses Soft Summer, a set from the Occasions Mini. We used markers and the aquapainter to watercolor, and I'm now in love with this set, the technique and the card! The key is using watercolor paper so you can move the ink with the aquapainter. I just drew some lines with the marker in the area I wanted to color, and it made the shading easy!
Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

whohoo looks like a fun time, tfs! hoping we get a regional on East coast this year.

Marilyn Goodrich said...

It looks like you had so much fun Jana! I didn't make it to a regional this year - there wasn't one close enough to me. Can't wait to see the rest of the projects you did there!