Friday, April 10, 2009

SCS swap # 3

Are you asking yourself what happened to swap # 2? Well, for that group, I made a hinge card very similar to the one I already posted. I just changed the color combo to Regal Rose, Rose Red and Certainly Celery.
Now on to swap # 3. I wanted to use rose red grosgrain ribbon, so I had one color already. I got this combo from my old friend the color coach. The other 2 colors are So Saffron and Garden Green. The cardbase is So Saffron with Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamped on it in VersaMark. The Garden Green strip is 1 3/4", and I used the eyelet border punch on both edges. For the focal image, I cut the cardstock the same size as the stamp block. I stamped the butterfly first in Basic Gray, masked it and then stamped the words in Garden Green after stamping off once. I colored the butterfly using ink and aquapainter. The final touch is a flower ribbon slide tied into the knot of the ribbon.
Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

I like the embellishment on ribbon and the masking technique you used

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Great job with the masking! Looks beautiful!

Traci G said...

sure wish I could have been there and swapped with you!! boo hoo!!

Your card is very pretty! Love the colors!!

Laura Brown said...

Very nice! Love your color theme!