Friday, November 7, 2008

Christmas card in progress

This card may look slightly familiar. I made one that is similar a few weeks ago. It still isn't exactly what I've been picturing, but I think I'm getting closer. What do you think I need to add or change?
I used the scallop border punch on the bottom of the card to show the wheeled image on the inside. I added the rub-on sentiment in the lower right corner.
For the card front, I started by stamping the tree from Scandinavian Season in Always Artichoke craft ink. I poured on the Irridescent Ice EP and masked off the tree with an oval (cut with the Coluzzle) to stamp the snowflakes in Whisper White craft ink. Then I heat set the whole thing. Why did I do it that way? I find that the white craft ink doesn't really dry on its own, so I wanted to heat set it and heat the EP at the same time. I added some sponging in white to define the oval. The ribbon is the finishing touch.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Scandinavian Season, Scandinavian wheel; Paper: Kraft; Ink: Real Red, Whisper White craft, Always Artichoke craft; Accessories: coluzzle, scallop border punch, Chit Chat rub-ons, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon
Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Laura Brown said...

I love the changes!

Katy said...

I think it's cute the way it is, but I wonder if you added just a touch of color to a part of the tree if you'd like it better. I think the tree is getting lost because the snowflakes are so gorgeous. KWIM?

Traci G said...

Love this card, and I love the way you did the masked oval!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! So beautiful! I so wish I had bought this set! Kicking myself now. Love the colors! Thanks for sharing your talent!