Friday, October 24, 2008

Fun times in Georgia

Mama has 2 friends that stamp with her. Pictured here is Beth on the left and Norma on the right. Even though I live far, far away, I am their demonstrator! They take turns being hostess, and I mail their projects to them. I have never demonstrated in person for them, so we scheduled an all-day stampathon. (It was like a Stampin' Up! Regional event except not as much talent on display from the demonstrator!)
For the workshop part of it, they made the Inspired by Nature bleach card, the Lovely as a Tree moonlighting bookmark card and Lauren Meader's tote bags. Then I demonstrated a ton of techniques for them. Here's a partial list: dry embossing, faux dry embossing, rick rack, dazzling diamond dust, folding using punches, watercolor banded brayer, emerging color, wax paper resist, baby wipe, shadow embossing, magic pastels, emboss resist. I think that's most of them; I may have missed one or two. Norma and Beth took notes, although one of Norma's notes said, "Ask Beth!" Mama decided to rely on her great memory as well as Beth and Norma's notes.
Mama didn't want to be in the picture, but Beth tricked her into coming over to look at something. Because I didn't use the flash, she didn't even know that I took the picture until we all started laughing.
Mama and Beth are wearing cute buttons I ordered from Lorien that say "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet." I just love that saying, and I actually did lose an eyelet that afternoon so we all had a good laugh over that!
Here is Daniel playing ship captain at the Georgia Aquarium.
This was a HUGE tank filled with all kinds of fish and a couple of kinds of sharks. In this picture, you can see the shark at the top. Daniel and Jessica are at the bottom to give you some perspective on the shark's size.

I had a great time in Georgia, but I am happy to be back home too. I actually got to stamp yesterday! I'll post that card on Monday. Now I'm getting ready for a 3-week trip to Florida for work. I know, I know, it's a rough job! But I have to get a lot of stamping done so I'll have stuff to post for you while I'm gone!
I also had about 250 blog posts to look at on Google Reader. Yikes! I'm still not quite caught up, so if you're in my blogroll, don't give up on me. I hope to finish getting to everyone's blog today.
Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

oh sounds like you had a great visit and what a wonderful story.

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Looks like a great time! Have fun in Florida!

Traci G said...

wow, Jana!! It looks like you had a great time!! I bet your ladies appreciated all your demos too! Glad you had fun!

Debbi said...

Sounds like a great time and very busy. You got a lot taught in a short time. Enjoy Florida!