Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Slanted newsprint with Flower Patch

I found a wonderful tutorial for slanting the pattern in the Newsprint DSP.  It is from Lyssa Zwolanek, and you can see it here.  We made the card on the left at my workshop last week.  It uses the Flower Patch stamp set, and you stamp right onto the DSP.  So quick and easy.
Funny story about the card.  I originally made the card on the right thinking that the ribbon I had was Mossy Meadow.  Wrong!  It was Lost Lagoon, so I had to cut new bases.  I decided to make one more using Pink Pirouette and Rich Razzleberry.  I colored the pearl with the lightest RR Blendabilities marker.
The DSP is cut at 3 X 4 1/4 with the black mat cut at 3 1/4 X 4 1/2. For the sentiment on the coral and soft sky cards, I cut a piece of cardstock 1/2" wide.  We stamped on the left end and then used the banner punch to make the flagged end.
Happy stamping! 
Jana Signature

No comments: