Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Calling All Heroes birthday card

 
Boy did I struggle with this card!  I wanted to make my son Daniel's birthday card using this set because we both love comics and superheroes.  I found a few cards on Pinterest that I liked.  I tried CASEing one of them, and I just could not make those rows of dots line up!  I finally broke out my stampamajig which I have not used in forever!  I ended up combining elements of 2 different cards to make this one.  You can see them on my Stampin' Up inspiration Pinterest page.
The cardbase is Basic Black.  I wrote inside using the chalk marker, but you could add a whisper white layer to the inside.  The top layer is 5 X 3 3/4 whisper white.  I stamped the dots in Daffodil Delight using the stampamajig.  I stamped the cityscape twice on another piece of cardstock and cut them out.  I stamped the shapes on a separate piece of cardstock, added the words and cut those out too.  I stamped the face and punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch then added a black 1 3/4" circle.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: