Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Make a Wish watercolor card

This card was inspired by one that Lyssa Zwolanek posted on Facebook.  She has a watercolor drip tutorial on her blog, Song of My Heart Stampers.  I did mine a little bit differently than hers; mine was more coloring and less dripping, LOL. The ink colors I used were Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, and Elegant Eggplant. I colored each band with ink and an aquapainter.  I added water to the paper before adding the ink, and then I squeezed the aquapainter a bit to make the drips.
The cardbase is Daffodil Delight.  I added a layer of Basic Black to make the colors pop then put the watercolor paper on top.
I stamped the sentiment from Perfect Pennants with VersaMark and embossed with black EP.  I cut it out with the Big Shot and Chalk Talk framelits then added a loop of Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon behind it.  The final touch is Candy Dots in the corners.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: