Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Designer Typeset card





I made today's card using the new Designer Typeset photopolymer set.  It's been a long time since I used a clear set, but I found it very user friendly!
I got the idea for this card from one of Stampin' Up's Artisan design team.  They posted a square card using the talk bubble.  Their sentiment was What's Up?, but I knew right away that I had to make a card that said I'm Just Sayin' because I say this ALL the time!
My card is standard size using Pool Party cardstock.  I cut a 4 X 5 1/4 piece of Sent with Love DSP, and I used the reverse side for the inside of the card.  The stamped piece is 3 1/2 X 4 3/4 because I wanted more of the DSP to show.
I stamped the talk bubble in rows using Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Real Red.  It was very easy to stamp the rows because I could see through the stamp!  I did have to stamp the words one letter at a time, but it went really quickly.

For the inside of the card, I used the banner stamp.  The stamp is straight, but you can bend it because it's photopolymer.  It has 8 pennants, so it was perfect for my sentiment!  For the shorter one, I only inked up the part I needed.  Again, the clear stamp made it really easy to stamp exactly where I wanted it.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: