Monday, May 14, 2012

Combining old and new

I'm trying to be better about using all of the things I have, and I have a lot of DSP!  At our last craft night, Rhonda and I discovered that we could use most of a sheet of DSP to make a standard A2 envelope and still have enough left to decorate a coordinating card.  (Thank you, Jackie Topa, for your wonderful sheet with measurements for making lots of sizes of envelopes!)
This card and envelope uses the DSP from SAB.  It's so pretty!  The card base is Crumb Cake.  The two stamped images are new!  They are from a new set called Layered Labels.  It has 4 stamps in it, and there is a set of Framelits to go with it.  I stamped the Create label in Soft Suede and cut it out with the Framelit.  I used a 1" circle of DSP over the word because I didn't want the card to say Create.  I topped the circle with a new wooden button.  The button is tied with Pool Party bakers twine sponged with Crumb Cake.  The ribbon is Lucky Limeade ribbon from SAB wrapped 3 times.  The sentiment is also from Layered Labels, but I punched it out with the scallop oval punch instead of using the bigger Framelit.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: