Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Like Night and Day

This week's workshop wow challenge was to make a card using black and white and one other color only. I chose Bermuda Bay because I thought it was a nice strong color to stand up to the black and white and also because I thought it was gender neutral.
I was inspired by the Night and Day DSP in the Holiday Mini for this card. I used a piece on the main layer, and the center of the scallop circle is punched from the DSP and then sponged with Bermuda Bay. On the card base, I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs in Bermuda Bay, black and white. I didn't use the stampamajig because I didn't think that type of precision was needed. I like that they are each a bit off, but they still look like a shadow.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Baroque Motifs; Paper: Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Night and Day DSP; Ink: Black StazOn, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White craft; Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, vintage brads, Bermuda Bay grosgrain ribbon
Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

great job with challenge, like the shadow stamping-turned out fab!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Love it Jana!! The shadowing you created adds so much dimension to it. Good job on the challenge :-)