Saturday, February 2, 2008

My challenge card



Here's the card I made for my first blog challenge (see the previous post for the challenge). One color I have NEVER used is Handsome Hunter. I don't know why; I just go for Always Artichoke more, I guess. I have a full package of Handsome Hunter cardstock that I bought when the color first came out, and it was untouched until today. I turned to the SU Color Coach for my color combo. It's Blush Blossom, Ruby Red and Handsome Hunter; I added Chocolate Chip. For my long-neglected stamp set, I pulled out Heartfelt Thanks. I loved this set when it first came out, but it's just too easy to grab those newer sets. (You've done it, too; just admit it!) I colored directly on the stamp with Watercolor Wonder Crayons, spritzed with water then stamped onto Confetti White. I colored the flower petals Blush Blossom and edged them in Ruby Red. After stamping, I used my Aquapainter to add more Ruby Red. The edges of the cardstock were punched with the ticket corner punch, distressed with the cutter kit and sponged with Chocolate Chip. I also sponged the edges of the Blush Blossom card base with Chocolate Chip after stamping the Weathered background.

If you play along with my challenge, post a link on the previous post so I can check out your work!

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Weathered; Paper: Confetti White, Blush Blossom, Handsome Hunter; Ink: Chocolate Chip; Accessories: ticket corner punch, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, cutter kit, retired copper brads, Theater ribbon originals, sponge

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

I think I need to take your challenge and think about one color I have never used, hmmmm
I like what you came up with...

Trini said...

Good Idea I'll have to try that.

Marilyn said...

What a pretty card with the weathered background - great job!