Thursday, August 8, 2013

Vintage flower card

I had multiple inspirations for this card.  I was working on Dare to Get Dirty challenges from SCS, but I didn't get them done in time. I decided to make this card in the style of Lisa Hensley, aka ponygirl40.  She has a very distinctive style and layout that she uses, and I've copied it here.
My card base is Crumb Cake.  For the dry embossed layer, I brayered crumb cake ink onto the Lacy Brocade embossing folder before I put the cardstock in it.  That added color to the debossed areas. 
For the flower, I punched out 3 blossoms and 2 of the 1 1/4" scallop circles.  I wet them and crunched them up then opened them up, shaped them, and let them dry overnight.  Once they were dry, I adhered the layers together and sprayed them with vanilla shimmer mist.
Pear Pizzazz taffeta ribbon and pearls complete the card.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: