Thursday, July 11, 2013

Butterfly birthday card

This birthday card is for a coworker who loves purple like I do.  I was reading a thread on SCS about cutting window sheets with a framelit and decided to give it a try.  It didn't work as well as I had hoped, but that was because I had 2 window sheets stuck together, LOL!  Thankfully, there was a good cut that I could finish with my craft and rubber scissors.
I started with a Smoky Slate cardbase, and I adhered the window sheet using dimensionals so it would add some depth to the pattern.  Ray said it looked embossed, so I guess it worked!
I used embossed butterflies in Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate and Elegant Eggplant to cover up the dimensionals and then added a few more random butterflies.  Random is hard!
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: