Monday, September 3, 2012

Owl workshop card

We made this card at Pauline's workshop last week.  I got the idea from one of the cards I saw on the display boards at Dawn Olchefske's stamp-o-rama.  I don't know whose card it was; if it was yours, please let me know so I can give you credit!
I modified the card a bit.  The original card used the woodgrain background stamp.  Totally adorable, but I knew the woodgrain EF and Cordinations paper would make the tree look amazing!
The cardbase is Crumb Cake topped with the Coredinations Early Espresso paper embossed with the Woodgrain EF then sanded.  Before applying it to the cardbase, punch a hole with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  (Tip: Don't push the circle punch all the way in.)  Adhere it to the card base and then use the 1 3/8" circle punch to punch a hole in the center of the other one.  (Tip: Punch a circle out of a sticky note then use that for the placement of the circle on your card.)
Next, we punched out the owl and adhered him to the inside of the card so that he is peeping through the hole.  Googlie eyes and wings from the bird punch are great additions here!
I wanted a punny saying for this card, so I used MDS to print out several sayings and then punched them with the word window punch.  A wood button is a great finishing touch.
Happy stamping! 
Jana Signature

No comments: