Sunday, June 10, 2012

Krissy's grad card

Our youngest graduated from high school!  Here is the grad card I made for Krissy.  It's from the June issue of Stampin' Success.  They gave us a template, but according to the measurements they gave, the top part is a diamond that is 6 5/8 across by 4 3/8 top to bottom.  This creates 4" sides.  The base is actually a pocket that holds a gift card or money.  It's 4 1/2" at the bottom, 3" at the top, and 2 1/2" tall.  I cut a trapezoid and then rounded the bottom corners with a circle punch.  The front piece of the pocket is embossed with the Big Shot and Stripes embossing folder.
I hope you can see the glittery edges!  I punched silver glitter paper with the ribbon punch.  I cut the strip in half and glued them to the edges.  I did the same with the sentiment.  The tassel is white bakers twine.  The small brad to the left of the sentiment attaches the top to the base and makes the top swivel to reveal the gift in the pocket.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: