Monday, February 6, 2012

Interactive valentine

Today's card combines two of the February Creative Crew challenges.  One challenge is to use Twitterpated DSP or colors.  The other is to use that stamp set you just had to have that's gathering dust on the shelf.
For me, Take a Spin definitely qualifies!  I fell in love with the set right away, but I used it a couple of times and then forgot about it.  After looking at this set, I realized this would make the perfect Valentine card for my hubby.  It describes how I feel about him plus he can play with it!
The cardbase is Baja Breeze.  The striped DSP is layered onto Basic Gray.  I used the new embosslit hearts on the bottom.  Next I added the sentiment from Filled with Love (retired) punched out with the square label punch.  Riding Hood Red pleated ribbon is layered over that.
For the spinner piece, I used markers to ink up the stamp in Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red and Basic Gray.  I punched it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch and then trimmed it down a little more.  The Pear Pizzazz layer is also punched with the 2 1/2" circle punch, and I used the Circle Scissors to cut out a 2 3/4" Island Indigo circle.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: