Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mama's birthday card

One of the Creative Crew challenges this month is to make an easel card.  I've never made one before, so I was surprised at how easy it was!  SCS has a great tutorial.   I used Baja Breeze on this card because it's Mama's birthday card, and that's her favorite color.  The base is Blushing Bride.  I stamped the Medallion in Baja Breeze and added Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon.  I put silver glimmer paper on the bottom of the inside of the card and punched the eyelet border punch on the card front so you can see the glimmer paper when the card is closed.  The sentiment from Perfect Punches is popped up, and it holds the card open for display.
Here's a close-up of the star of the card!  It's a rosette; pretty fancy, right?  This was featured in the December Stampin' Success magazine, and I had to try it right away!  You won't believe how easy it is.  I started with a 2 X 8 1/2 piece of Shimmery White cardstock.  I scored it every 1/4" (super easy with Simply Scored).  Next, I punched it with the lace ribbon punch.  After punching, I folded it, alternating the folds (mountain, valley, mountain, valley).  I adhered the 2 ends together then opened it to lay "flat".  I scrunched it into position and adhered it to a small circle of cardstock then added an antique brad.
P.S.  It took 3 stamps to mail this to Mama, and I also added a piece of cardboard to the envelope to protect it.  I hope it worked!
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: