Friday, March 26, 2010

Groovy pirates

A while back, I saw an awesome background on a card on Jackie Topa's blog.  She embossed the Woodgrain background in white and then painted in lines of color with ink and an aquapainter.  She popped one of the extreme images on top (guitar, I think).  For some reason, I immediately thought it would work with Beware Pirates.  I love this set, and I had to have it.  But I don't use it too much because I'm never quite sure what to do with it.
For this card, I stamped the image onto glossy white cardstock using StazOn Black ink.  Then I stamped it onto a post-it note and cut it out for a mask.  Next, I stamped the woodgrain stamp with VersaMark, removed the mask, and embossed it with white EP.  For the colors, I used Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry.  Next time, I might color in the image with all one color.
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

cool and groovy, glad I just ordered wood grain another fun way to use it !

Mama said...

Very unusual looking card to say the least. A technique I may try.