Monday, January 21, 2013

Spring butterflies

It is -17 degrees in Duluth right now, and I am ready for spring!  I recently got the Papillon Potpourri set along with both sizes of the butterfly punch, and I thought the butterflies would be perfect for a spring card.
I stamped the butterflies onto Whisper White cardstock, using black craft ink.  I sprinkled on Irridescent Ice EP and then heat embossed.  Tip: When heating the Irridescent Ice, overheating will melt the glitter!  I watercolored the butterflies with ink and an aquapainter.  I used Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, and Daffodil Delight.  After they dried, I punched them out.  I love that the punches fit the stamps exactly with no white around the edges!
For the orange layer, I chose a sheet of DSP from Summer Smooches.  I stamped the largest label from Layered Labels in Tangerine Tango then cut it out using the Big Shot.  I used the Essentials paper piercing pack around the edges then added white gel pen stitches.
The banner is 4 X 1 1/2 Real Red Coredinations cardstock embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder then sanded.  I used the 1 3/8 square punch to cut the tail at the bottom.  The cardbase is Daffodil Delight.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: