Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shirley's birthday card

My MIL Shirley loves blue, so I always make her a blue birthday card.  This card is Midnight Muse, which is one of the new In Colors.  I haven't used the new In Colors much, but I got the Print Poetry DSP from the spring catalog which features them.  I'm hoping this will get me going.  Another great feature of the Print Poetry DSP is that it's 4 1/2 X 6 1/2, so it's easy to use a sheet on a card front.  For this card, I just trimmed the sheet down a bit.  Then I cut the Very Vanilla cardstock to fit inside the frame.  I stamped the sentiment from the Carry On hostess set and added the satin ribbon.  I stamped the cupcake on a separate piece of cardstock and punched it out with the new petite curly label punch from the SAB catalog.
Happy stamping! 
Jana Signature

No comments: