Friday, January 11, 2013

Masculine birthday card

I CASEd this card from one I made at Dawn Olchefske's demo event last summer.  Hmm, maybe it was 2 summers ago!  Wow!  Anyway, I started with the layout and stamp set (The Open Sea) and wanted to use the Print Poetry DSP from the Occasions catalog so that helped me figure out my color combo.  The DSP is Midnight Muse and Sahara Sand, so I thought Cherry Cobbler would be a good 3rd color.
The cardbase is Sahara Sand with a layer of Whisper White on top of it.  The next layer is Cherry Cobbler with the globe stamped all over in Midnight Muse.  I cut the DSP then ripped the edge.  I took Cherry Cobbler bakers twine and folded it in half and then in half again.  Next I tied a knot in the middle and separated out the sections before adhering it to the back of the Cherry Cobbler piece.
Although there are several layers here, the card itself is fairly simple.  Other than stamps, ink and paper, the only accessories used were the bakers twine and 2 punches.
Happy stamping! 
Jana Signature

No comments: