Monday, October 11, 2010

Faux Linen

This week's demonstratable card challenge is faux linen.  I love the soft look of this!  I paired it with a WICKED challenge to make a non-Halloween card using Halloween colors (gray, green, purple, orange).  I added yellow.
I used Flores Suaves as my main set (from Celebrando Creatividad--the Spanish catalog).  I stamped the background in Basic Gray onto glossy cardstock then sanded in both directions.  Next, I sponged on So Saffron and sanded again.  The tulips are stamped in Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Concord Crush and Pear Pizzazz.  I used an aqua painter to blend the colors in the tulips a bit then sanded lightly again once the flowers were dry.
Supplies: Stamps: Flores Suaves, Vintage Vogue, Sanded; Paper: glossy white, Basic Gray, So Saffron; Ink: Basic Gray, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz; Accessories: antique brad, Pear Pizzazz ribbon, sanding block, spongeHappy stamping!

Jana Signature